The Bohnert Group has sold and managed properties on behalf of their clients for over 39 years and combines for over 50 years of experience...
Mike, a second generation native of San Francisco, was raised on the peninsula and currently lives in San Mateo with his wife Megan and daughters Reese, Emma and Katharine. A graduate of St. Ignatius College Preparatory and Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo, Mike joined his father in 2001 at Coldwell Banker's Burlingame office. In his initial year as full-time Realtor, Mike earned honors as "Rookie of the Year" for all of Northern California. Since 2001, Mike has established himself as a leader in residential real estate and served on the Board of Directors for both the San Mateo County Association of Realtors and the California Association of Realtors.
Hard working, focused, and dedicated to excellence, Mike represents the best in the real estate industry. His greatest asset is his uncanny ability to relate to people and listen to their needs. Mike's personal touch and commitment to excellence have resulted in a clientele that returns for service.
Recent Awards and Recognition:
- 2016, '17, '18, '19 SAN FRANCISCO Magazine Leading 100 Top Performer in Bay Area Real Estate
- 2010, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18 ranking in the top 1% among Agents worldwide and Coldwell Banker's esteemed "International President's Elite" award
- 2018 WALL STREET JOURNAL Ranking #136 in the US for Sales Volume
- 2017 ranking #3 Agent in Burlingame; #6 in Peninsula & San Francisco combined; and #12 in Northern California
- 2016 ranking "Top Ten Teams" in North America
- 2014 SAN FRANCISCO Magazine "Five Star Real Estate Professional" for the city of Burlingame
- 2013 GENTRY Magazine "Top 10 Under 40"
Born and raised in San Francisco, Ed is a graduate of Riordan High School and USF, where he received his master's degree in counseling and guidance. Ed and his wife, Linda, are the proud parents of three children--Stephanie, Kimberly and Michael. The Bohnerts moved to Millbrae in 1976 and currently reside in Burlingame. A realtor and broker for 39 years Ed is the recipient of numerous awards from various real estate companies including Peninsula Brokers, Craighead Realty, Prudential California Realty, and Coldwell Banker. Ed has generously donated to the educational community and will continue to support teachers and schools through programs specifically designed to have an immediate impact.
The Partnership with Compass
The Bohnert Group joined the Compass family in September, 2018. Compass is a leader in the local real estate marketplace by providing the absolute best in both service and innovation. Mike & Ed's progressive approach to marketing, dedication to perfection and uncompromising service, together with Compass's unparalleled resources and strong network create a winning combination. Mike & Ed put the collective expertise and resources of the nation’s fastest growing brokerage to work for you—while delivering the professionalism, knowledge and service you can expect from a real estate professional.
Community and Professional Affiliations
- San Mateo County Association of Realtors-Board of Directors, 2013-2015
- California Association of Realtors-Board of Directors, 2013-2015
- National Association of Realtors-Active
- Burlingame Rotary-Member, 2006-2014
- PalCare-Board of Directors, 2011-2012
- Burlingame Historical Society-Active
- City of Burlingame Traffic, Safety and Parking Commission-Commissioner 2005-2009
- Strides for Life-Board of Directors, Active
- Millbrae Parks and Recreation-Volunteer 2005-2008
Scope of Experience & Specialization
- Buyer/Seller Sales Representation - Single Family and Multi-Residential
- Landlord/Tenant Leasing Representation
- Trust and Probate Sales
- International Marketing
- Certified Relocation Specialist
- New Development - Single Family and Multi-Residential
- Short Sale/REO/Distressed Properties